Go Back   gprime.net boards > general > Useless crap

Useless crap Post all your useless crap here! 99% unmoderated.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Exclamation exploding paste as seen on brainiac

To make Peter Logan's Exploding Paste:
First of all, you need only two ingredients: Iodine crystals and Ammonium Hydroxide.
You can get the iodine at drug stores and pharmacies (you may have to sign for it). Even if you can get pure ammonium hydroxide, you probably don't want it - it's purity affects the strength of the explosive, and you don't want the result to be blowing the wall of your house off.
Very strong household ammonia water will do OK, but it must be clear - if it's cloudy, it won't work.

OK, now we're on to the making.
1. It's a good idea to crush up the iodine crystals - this will make them react faster.
2. Put two tablespoons of the crystals into a glass or pyrex container that will hold at least 500ml..
3. Now add about 100ml of the ammonium hydroxide. You should always add a little more than you need here - if you add too much, it won't affect the outcome, but if you add too little, it will be incomplete.
4. You want to stir the mixture for about ten minutes. If all goes to plan, you should see some bubbles of Hydrogen being given off. When these bubbles stop, the reaction is over.
5. Leave your mixture for about 5 minutes to make sure everything's completely done, and you should see some stuff at the bottom of your container. This is your paste, which can be separated by pouring the whole lot through filter paper. Don't worry about damaging your funnel - the liquid you're getting rid of is just water now.
6. The paste should dry after about an hour, so if you want to keep it, store it with a little water (to keep it damp) in an airtight tin.
7. Remember, if you store it too long, it will decompose!
OK, that's it

Its an exploding paste, you put it on anything, wait for it to try then its funny
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
rehabisforquitters
hey hey
 

Default

it seems like whenever I try this sort of thing it always ends up blowing my face off. I think I'll try it!
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 12:46 AM   #3
treefalse
Super-Tree
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Bring your camera!
treefalse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2005, 09:03 AM   #4
Bosman310
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

ive made some its not as bad as u think the explosion is kinda cool tho
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:41 PM   #5
Puppet
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

dude man gprime is famous i was looking for this exact thing on google and like the 3rd result is a forum i post on this 1
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
jarred
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

any idea where to get ammonium hydroxide from
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #7
bfchickenchaser
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

How do you make it 'splode?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #8
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarred
any idea where to get ammonium hydroxide from
you can make it.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:22 PM   #9
tee-hee
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

haha if only I had the determination to try that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:39 AM   #10
INK
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
you can make it.
But it's no walk-in-the-park
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 02:55 AM   #11
gussa
The Little Colon Angel
 
Tournaments Won: 2

Default

and alot of us are extreemly lazy
gussa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:47 PM   #12
tee-hee
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gussa
and alot of us are extreemly lazy
Yes, emphasis on the a lot....
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #13
Drunken_Shinobi
Ninja Pimp Slap!
 

Default

Sounds interesting...
Drunken_Shinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:50 PM   #14
tee-hee
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken_Shinobi
Sounds interesting...
Hmm...to me almost anything that has the word 'exploding' in it is interesting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #15
uber_jedi
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 01:18 AM   #16
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_jedi
I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.
That's weird. Wouldnt burning Napalm in an open field light the feild on fire. So then you would have arseny on several houses?
==============================
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosman310
To make Peter Logan's Exploding Paste:
First of all, you need only two ingredients: Iodine crystals and Ammonium Hydroxide.
You can get the iodine at drug stores and pharmacies (you may have to sign for it). Even if you can get pure ammonium hydroxide, you probably don't want it - it's purity affects the strength of the explosive, and you don't want the result to be blowing the wall of your house off.
Very strong household ammonia water will do OK, but it must be clear - if it's cloudy, it won't work.

OK, now we're on to the making.
1. It's a good idea to crush up the iodine crystals - this will make them react faster.
2. Put two tablespoons of the crystals into a glass or pyrex container that will hold at least 500ml..
3. Now add about 100ml of the ammonium hydroxide. You should always add a little more than you need here - if you add too much, it won't affect the outcome, but if you add too little, it will be incomplete.
4. You want to stir the mixture for about ten minutes. If all goes to plan, you should see some bubbles of Hydrogen being given off. When these bubbles stop, the reaction is over.
5. Leave your mixture for about 5 minutes to make sure everything's completely done, and you should see some stuff at the bottom of your container. This is your paste, which can be separated by pouring the whole lot through filter paper. Don't worry about damaging your funnel - the liquid you're getting rid of is just water now.
6. The paste should dry after about an hour, so if you want to keep it, store it with a little water (to keep it damp) in an airtight tin.
7. Remember, if you store it too long, it will decompose!
OK, that's it

Its an exploding paste, you put it on anything, wait for it to try then its funny
thats a double replacement reaction. wouldnt you just get Ammonium Iodite?

Last edited by MrNaPaLm32; 03-23-2006 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 02:16 AM   #17
rehabisforquitters
hey hey
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNaPaLm32
thats a double replacement reaction. wouldnt you just get Ammonium Iodite?
It's a Single-Replacement reaction. Iodine+Ammonium Hydroxide=Ammonium Iodide+Hydroxide. Ammonium Iodide is combustible.
rehabisforquitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 09:26 AM   #18
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rehabisforquitters
It's a Single-Replacement reaction. Iodine+Ammonium Hydroxide=Ammonium Iodide+Hydroxide. Ammonium Iodide is combustible.
that cant be right. he said hydrogen bubbles came off. Hydroxide, is not hydrogen. Hydroxide is aqueous.
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:38 PM   #19
tee-hee
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfchickenchaser
How do you make it 'splode?
Umm...by what Bosman said you just stick it to somehting and let it dry and it'll splode. That's why if you store it, store it damp.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 10:48 PM   #20
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Alright. I figued out what you should REALLY do to make exploding paste.

As before, take 15ml Ammonia, and 3g Iodine, stick them in a beaker.

Allow them to sit for 5-10 minutes.

There should be a brown substance at the bottom of the container.

the brown substance is EXTREMELY reactive, not enough to blow off a hand, but enough to make a very large bang, dependant on how much you use.

To store the Brown Substance, add ethanol(aka rubbing Alcohol) and keep in an AIR TIGHT container. (alcohol evaporates, in case you didnt notice).

Then paint it onto something with a brush or something. If you use a pure enough Ammonia, even breathing on it after its dry can cause it to explode.

Chemical Equation

2NI3 → N2 + 3I2
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 02:51 AM   #21
Ilikepandas
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

science is my weak point
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #22
tee-hee
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

Chemistry is my weak point. I like science
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:20 PM   #23
MrNaPaLm32
Banned
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tee-hee
Chemistry is my weak point. I like science
I have an A in chemistry. WEEEEE...
MrNaPaLm32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #24
poisonedcandy_X
Roughly 90% inactive
 

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by uber_jedi
I am going to make napalm tomorrow and burn it in an open field so I don't commit arsenry to someone's house.
I hope you didn't really. That's pretty dangerous...
poisonedcandy_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #25
langharig tuig
Guest
 
Tournaments Won: 1

Default

hello people i made this account just to tell you this!!

The exploding paste works!

we tried at school and this is what happend:

we made way too much and didnt know how much was needed to make it explode, so what the hell we begun with about spreading 3gram on a table in the lab at school. this was around the time we all went home and started our weekend.

when we came back monday, we all tried it at home and we figured that we only needed a small amount to make a bang
so we were like omfg we spreaded to much in the lab. and we removed it with water. but when the day continued we ended up spreading it all around the lab (without the teacher knowning it, caus shes never around anyway)
and every where we walked there was a bang caus it was all messed up and under our feet, and we even forgot where we pasted the stuff.

so what happend next?? yes we got busted!

when it makes a bang it leaves a messy yellow spot. so there was alot of cleaning to do. but there was this one ass'ole that got scared and went to teacher to tell on us. and that wasnt Fun!

caus the teachers all got pissed at us, and told us they could see it trough the fingers this time. but when we did something stupid like that again we got kicked out of school ...

So to the kids who think this would be funny as hell at school!
Think before you act and u miss out all the fun xP
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2005-2007 Gprime.Net